The Keilwerth Shadow Alto Sax combines the advantages of nickel silver with those of a black nickel plated finish.
With a black nickel plated body made from nickel silver, silver plated keys, and sophisticated engraving on body and bow,
this saxophone not only has an extraordinary appearance, it also features a new, ergonomically adapted keywork.
Nickel silver adapts to and conducts changing frequencies faster than other materials, resulting in a very direct response, and a well centred and extremely powerful sound.
Another important advantage is the reduced weight and the high stability.
In combination with the black nickel plating, a completely new sound spectrum is created.
“Shadow” : the top saxophone for those who are looking for something exceptional!
- Body made from nickel silver, black nickel plated and clear lacquered
- Ergonomically optimised key positioning
- Excellent, precise response, excellent intonation
- Extraordinarily good response in the altissimo register
- Key inlays of genuine mother of pearl without metal rim
- Newly positioned C/ Eb key
- Silver plated keys
- Sophisticated engraving on bow, bell, body and neck
- Very even overtones
Adjustable palm keys – adjustable in height and angle
B-Bb-C#-G# key mechanism – makes mechanism for little finger of left hand fast and easy to operate, because of pivoted Bb key
Bigger bow section – makes low register easy to play at all dynamic levels
Extra F-arm with adjusting screw – gives much more security against air leaks in all keys played by the right hand
G-sharp pad cup lifitng mechanism – no more sticking G-sharp
Tone hole rings – wider seat in the pad insures greater security against air leaks;results in much quieter mechanical action and greater sound emission